Welcome to the Band Page!
Here you will find important updates throughout the year for all band students, 6-12. As events approach, detailed schedules will be added to this site in order to better inform parents and friends of additional information.
Band Camp 2019 was a HUGE success! Thanks to our parent chaperones, staff, and students for an excellent week.
Congratulations to Austin Furstenberg, Isabella Miller, Jennifer Kurburski, and Eva Ruddy on making it in to the 2019 MSBOA High School Honors Band!
- 7 & 8 High School Honors Band, hosted by HSHS
- 12 Middle School Winter Concert, 7pm – students are to report to the high school band room at 6:30, dressed for performance. 7/8 Grade students should be in their “band uniform”. 6th grade students are asked to simply dress for an important event.
- 18 Holiday Collage Concerts, 1:30 & 7pm
- 8 MSBOA District Solo and Ensemble, Gaylord HS
- 12 Pre-Festival concert for grades 7-12, 7pm
- 26 HS Band Festival
- 28 MS Band Festival
- 29 Rodney Whitaker, professional jazz musician, concert: 7pm
- 11 MSBOA Middle School Honors Band, Kalkaska HS
- 14 MSBOA State Solo and Ensemble, site TBA
- 18 Jazz Festival, held at HSHS
- 25 Swing into Spring, 6:30pm, Nub’s Nob
- 29 Spring Band concerts: 6th & MS/HS Jazz @ 6pm, 7-12 @ 7:30
- 25 Memorial Day Parade, grades 7-12 participate in parade
- 31 Commencement – HS Band performs
- 30 Marching Band Practice, 6:30-8:30
- Parent meeting, 8:30-9:00 HS cafe
- 2-7 Harbor Springs 2020 Band Camp held at LSSU. Note that all students who wish to be in high school band during the 2020/21 school year are expected to attend. This includes students in the 8th grade during the 2019/20 school year.
Additional information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
Mr. Patrick Ruddy
Director of Bands
Band Points of Pride
Excellence from our Award Winning Band Program Producing Leaders for the Future
- Nearly 1/3 of student population continues in band throughout high school.
- Members of the band consistently make up the majority of the top ten academic seniors.
- The Annual Holiday Collage Concert provides the absolute highest level of entertainment for our community.
- Harbor Springs students have earned positions in both the All-State and Michigan Youth Arts Festival Honor Bands, the highest achievement available for such ensembles in the state.
- High School and Middle School Concert Bands have consistently produced superior performances at festivals.
- Marching Band has received accolades from around the state for their performances and the excitement they produce.
- Jazz Band has become a local and state example of excellence performing at festivals and within the community with a strong following.
- Performs at all local events such as Memorial Day and 4th of July Parades.