Welcome to Harbor Springs Middle School Counseling Office
Let me start by telling you a little bit about myself…
After graduating from Central Michigan University in 1998, I made the big move to Harbor Springs to be a sixth grade teacher. In 2004, I received my Master of Arts degree in Counseling from CMU. The following school year, I became the part-time middle school counselor and continued to teach part-time as well. The 2018-2019 school year marks my fourteenth year as the school counselor and twenty-first year as a teacher. I truly enjoy working with students in the classroom, in small groups, and individually. The middle school years are such a time of growth and change that I never know what the day will bring. When I am not at school working, I spend time with my husband, Scott, sixteen-year-old daughter, Madelaine, ten-year-old son, Benjamin, and eight-year-old daughter, Lillian.
Please feel free to contact me at 526-4756 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My office is located between the 6th and 7th grade academic wings. I look forward to assisting you in any way possible to make your student’s middle school years a success and positive experience.
Ways to stay connected and help your Middle Schooler
- Check PowerSchool and Edmodo on a regular basis.
- Check your student’s planner each night for homework and make sure he or she is using it as a tool to stay organized.
- Help your student organize his or her binders on a weekly basis recycling any papers that are not needed anymore.
- Communicate with your student’s teachers on a regular basis and attend parent/teacher conferences.
- Spend time with your student and provide opportunities for him or her to talk to you about life, school, friends, stress, etc.
Help Your Child Develop Healthy Sleeping Habits
- How Sleep Improves Productivity and Concentration
- How Teens Can Handle Early School Start Times
- Why You Shouldn’t Check Your Smartphone Before Bed
Attention 6th, 7th, & 8th Grade Parents:
If your child is in need of winter clothes (jackets, snow pants, boots, gloves, hats), please contact me directly.
What is happening during the middle school years…
I have attached a power point that addresses the changes and needs of your middle school student during this unique time of his or her life as well as provides suggestions and resources for parents.
The Middle School Years
“Life is a purposeful action.”