JUNE 22 - 26
JUNE 29 - JULY 3
JULY 6 - 10
JULY 13 - 17
Camp weeks are filling fast. Register soon to reserve your spot!
Bruce, a native of Louisiana, has been involved in entertainment most of his life. At age 15, Bruce was accepted to The American Musical Theater program and The Young Americans. At age 17, he signed a recording contract with Rosemont Records of New Orleans. He went on to perform and direct The Young Americans for years, traveling the world. Through his own entertainment company, he produced shows at Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, and theaters across the country, as well as China.
Steven, a Young American Alumni, has been performing in Southern California regional productions for the past eight years, while also working as a dancer and actor in Los Angeles. His credits include The Music Man (Ensemble), Cats (Mungojerry), Newsies (Albert/Scab), and Mamma Mia (Ensemble), Disney’s California Adventure Red Car Trolley, and Newsboys (Feets Charming/ Brass Tacks).
~ Camp Leadership and Covid Coordinators ~
~ The Young Americans ~
Summer Camp 2021
We are excited to offer The Young Americans Performing Arts Summer Camp at Harbor Springs High School this year with Covid precautions in place. Our team has taken special care to reconfigure our program to keep campers, their families, and the staff safe. The camps will take place over five days; four days of rehearsal will lead up to two staged performances.
Our Young Americans are able to reach every student to reveal their best qualities as performers and people. Our unique teaching style provides an encouraging environment for students to realize their potential and achieve the seemingly impossible goal of producing a fully-staged performance in under a week – all while being masked and socially distant. Our diverse cast of Young Americans is able to reach every student to reveal their best qualities as performers and people.
The registration cost is $250 per week.
We are unable to offer our Broadway camp but look for it to return next year!
Do Not Miss Out On This Opportunity!
This year’s camps will be different than in years past but campers will still experience the same enthusiasm, encouragement, and care that The Young Americans offer. Some of the protocols in place include – but are not limited to, –
- The four weeks of camp will run back-to-back this year.
- The number of campers per week will be limited and capped.
- Campers will be required to wear masks and social distance.
- Campers’ temperatures will be taken during the daily check-in process as will the YAs and camp staff.
- Four YA Covid coordinators will help facilitate a safe and healthy environment.
- Consistent camp partners, staying together throughout the day and performances.
- We will utilize outdoor spaces so please send plenty of water with your child and sunscreen.
- A sack-style lunch will be offered this year for $28 for Tuesday – Friday.
- Transportation is free of charge from our designated communities.
- Camp is for students entering 3rd grade to 2021 graduates.
- We will be offering a concession stand during lunch and snack time.
Please note the significant changes to this year’s performances. While we are making changes to adhere to Covid precautions, we still want to celebrate your camper’s success with staged performances before a live audience. We ask for your patience and understanding while we give your child a great camp experience while adhering to CDC, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, and Health Department of Northwest Michigan recommendations.
- Masks are required for all audience members and everyone entering Harbor Springs High School.
- We are unable to offer the Friday night pizza party this year. Please plan to pick up your camper at 5 p.m. on Friday and return them at 7 p.m. for the Friday night performance.
- The ONLY Saturday performance is at 3 p.m. If you are not planning to attend this show, please pick your camper up at 4:45 p.m.
- Tickets to performances will be limited to TWO SHOW TICKETS PER FAMILY and is limited seating for each show. You may choose to use your tickets at either the Friday night show or the Saturday afternoon show or divide them and reserve a seat at each show but once a show is sold out, tickets will not be available because of seating limitations.
- All performance tickets are $20 per seat and you will be able to reserve your socially distant seat. If your child is a bus rider, we will send a ticket order form home with your student on the first day of camp. Please send the form back with your camper or give it to the bus chaperone. We will reserve your seats closest to the area you choose on the form, based on availability. Tickets are first come, first served.
- The show will be one act of campers and The Young Americans’ performances.
- Performance times are Friday evening at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 3 p.m.