Harbor Springs Community Pool
Please realize that the following COVID-19 modifications to the normal operation are in effect:
- Patrons should come dressed to swim. Due to the colder temperatures we are allowing swimmers to change in our equipment room. However, it is only for removing your wet suit and getting into dry clothes. Our locker rooms are still closed to swimmers at this time.
- Restroom usage limited
- Maximum of 12 patrons in the pool area at one time – others will need to line up outside of pool door with masks and social distancing
- One swimmer per lane
- Two swimmers in shallow area at one time
- One hour maximum swim time
- The hot tub is still closed at this time due to COVID restrictions.
- Do not swim if you have any symptoms resembling COVID-19 (see CDC or MDHHS website)
- Please social distance from our staff and lifeguards
Important News and Notes:
- Individual Water Aerobics MWF 11-12. You may only use the Pine Street entrance, masks must be worn to enter the school. Please follow COVID guidelines already in place. The pool will only be open to individual Water Aerobics participants during 11-12.
- Unfortunately, due to social distancing requirements, Recreational Swim is indefinitely suspended.
The Community Pool is located in Harbor Springs High School at 500 N. Spring St. The pool is best accessed off of Pine St. located near the Performing Arts Center.
Harbor Springs Public Schools is fortunate to have a beautiful community pool connected to our High School facility. The 6 lane competition Community Pool, situated along the Bluff, overlooks the beautiful bay of Lake Michigan and features a hot tub spa as well. The Hammerheads Swim Club is proud to call the Community Pool their home. Patrons can enjoy a wide variety of scheduling including dedicated hours for lap swim and recreational swim.
The pool offers a wide range of aquatic programs including American Red Cross certified Parent-Child, Preschool, Learn to Swim, Life Guarding and Water Safety Instructor classes. Senior Citizens’ Water Aerobics and adult classes are available as are specialty classes. Pre-school Aquatics and Learn-To-Swim classes are taught on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Parent-Tot Session 1 and 2 are held on Wednesdays. Click here for detailed information on skills taught in each class.
Due to school district security protocols, all patrons who have a punch card or pass will need a keycard to access the school pool entrance door in the morning and afternoon as well as weekends. Please contact Lynn to get your keycards. Patrons who are utilizing daily rates or drop-ins are welcome to join us and can do so by using the buzzer by the door. The door is monitored by a camera with live feed which we can see and allow you access.
Daily drop-in rates are listed below. For special punch card and pool pass information, click here.
Lap Swim Hours
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 6:00 AM-11:00 AM; 4:00-8:00 PM
Tuesday: 6:00 AM-12:00 PM; 4:00-8:00 PM
Thursday: 7:00 AM-12:00 PM; 4:00-8:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM-12:00 PM and 4:00 PM-7:00 PM (Starting November 28, 2020)
Sunday: 8:00 AM-10:00 AM (Masters 10:00 AM-12:00 PM); 4:00-7:00 PM
Daily Drop-In Lap Swim Fees
$3 Resident Senior Citizens (Seniors 55+)
$4 Non-Resident Senior Citizens
$10 Resident Family
$12 Non-Resident Family